“chocolates” Who doesn’t love chocolates? Rarely I come across someone who doesn’t like chocolates.
And so there is no point in denying that Chocolate cupcake recipe is more popular than any other cupcake recipe.
and if you do a bit of research you’ll be amazed to know that the term “best chocolate cupcake recipe” is searched the most among all the other cupcake recipes.
This recipe will always be in my top ten best cupcake recipe list.
As chocolate is everyone’s favorite and for chocolate lovers, it will be super awesome to get a recipe made with mainly chocolates. So chocolate plus cupcakes is like double fun, which you can’t resist to eat.
it’s an outstanding cupcake that everyone will love.
These chocolate cupcakes are filled with tasty brown chocolate and creamy chocolate buttercream frosting on the top. though you can also make chocolate cupcake recipe without buttermilk.
But are chocolate cupcakes healthy?
generally chocolates are considered not healthy for our body and we often scold our children when they demand for more chocolates, but if you think that it’s not healthy, then you should think twice. Because chocolates are Very Nutritious. so there is no point saying no to this delicious cupcake recipe.
though excessive of anything is bad for health.
Let me give you a quick idea of how healthy these chocolates are:
Not nutritious enough? Check this out chocolate Cupcake Nutrition
These chocolate cupcakes are filled with tasty brown chocolate and creamy chocolate buttercream frosting on the top.
Before jumping into this Cupcake recipe Read this:
You can’t simply make it just by looking at the recipe if you’re new into this.
Because there are several things you need to do correctly so to make these moist delicious chocolaty Cupcakes.
Otherwise, a small mistake can destroy the taste or shape.
So here are some(worth reading)
Tips for making chocolate cupcake recipe and chocolate cupcake buttercream frosting
Try to use good quality cocoa powder for the frosting, so The better the quality, the better the taste of your frosting will be.
You can keep the ratio 1:2 chocolate/frosting, however, this depends on you. You can also double the ingredients to make it more.
To create perfect icing swirls on cupcakes you can use any piping nozzles, but I use Wilton 1M (it’s a great brand).
Use the beater blade with your stand mixer instead of a whisk. It’ll give you creamy frosting.
chocolate buttercream frosting should be creamy smooth and not too dark, and for that, you should mix it a little longer.
frosting your cupcakes will become a bit easier if you will freeze your cupcakes first.
to make your chocolate buttercream frosting fluffy, eggs should be at room temperature ( 18°C – 21°C ), for bringing eggs to room temperature, let them sit in a bowl of warm water for 5 minutes.
for chocolate buttercream frosting make small slices of butter before adding into the sugar (powdered sugar), and sift your cocoa powder and powdered sugar before adding them into butter to prevent being lumpy.
chocolate cupcakes recipe with chocolate froasting
for chocolate cupcakes
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp distilled vinegar
- 1 tbsp instant coffee granules
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
FOR THE chocolate FROSTING
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cups 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cups sour cream — low-fat is fine
- 1 tbsp instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cupcake pans with liners (about 30).
- Whisk flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Combine water, oil, vinegar, instant coffee, and vanilla in a large mixing cup. Whisk to combine, then add to the dry ingredients and whisk just until the batter comes together. A few lumps are okay.
- Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 full and bake for about 12-15 minutes. (Mine baked in 14 minutes.) Cool completely before frosting.
- While the cupcakes are in the oven, make the frosting. (There is cooling time involved.)
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in sugar, cocoa, and salt. The mixture will be thick and grainy.
- Whisk heavy cream, sour cream, and instant coffee in a large measuring cup. Slowly add the cream mixture into your saucepan and whisk until smooth. Cook over medium-low heat until the sugar has dissolved and is hot to the touch, between 4-8 minutes. (Mine cooked in about 4 minutes, but it could take longer.) Do not boil!
- Transfer frosting to a bowl and let cool 2-3 hours until it’s spreadable. You can also chill it so it will set up faster. If it gets to hard to spread, microwave it on 20 second intervals, stirring in between, until it’s the desired consistency.
- Frost top of the cupcake with chocolate frosting. Store in refrigerator, let come to room temperature before serving.