If you love lemon then probably you will love these lemon cupcakes too. These lemon cupcakes can be the perfect lemon dessert for you.
These cupcakes are moist, soft, light and full of lemon flavor; you can feel that bright lemony flavor in its every bite. These lemon cupcakes will make your oven full of lemony smell.
Lemon cupcakes are one of my favorite cupcakes. Also, these moist lemon cupcakes recipe isn’t too difficult to make. So don’t overthink about it, pick the recipe and start making it.
you can try this lemon cupcake with any frosting you like however in this recipe i will be showing you with lemon buttercream frosting.
Tips on making lemon cupcakes
To make soft, light and delicious cupcake, you must know how to measure ingredients especially the floor correctly, which are some essential part of making this lemon cupcake. And for that, You should avoid using the measuring cup to scoop the flour out of the container because you can end up with too much flour in your recipe.
To make the lemon cupcake soft and light and to prevent them from being too dense, you can decrease the amount of sour cream and add some milk. It’s up to you that how much sourness you can handle. Just keep experimenting, there is no formula.
In this recipe for the wet ingredients, you’re going to use butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. After that, you’ll have to mix lemon juice, lemon zest, milk, and sour cream. To get the best texture and flavor, always use full-fat and good quality ingredients.
Making the lemon buttercream frosting
For piping, the frosting on the top fills the pastry bag fitted with an 8B tip. Start from the center, apply pressure and then move the pipe around the cupcake. If you want a tall frosting swirl, apply pressure and then build it up by going around three times.
Do not overfill these lemon cupcakes liners Because Filling the cupcake liners too full will make them overflow.
once the cupcakes are done you can use a toothpick to check whether they are perfectly baked or not.
DELICIOUS LEMON CUPACAKE RECIPE
For the lemon cupcakes:
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned & leveled)
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp lemon zest (about 2 medium lemons)
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cups unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 30 cupcake pan cups with paper liners.
- Sift the self-rising flour and salt together in a bowl. In another bowl, beat the unsalted butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time, beating each egg until incorporated before adding the next. Mix in the vanilla extract and lemon zest.
- Gently combine the flour mixture into the butter mixture, one third at a time, alternating with half the milk and half the lemon juice after each of the first 2 additions of flour. Beat until just combined; do not over mix.
- Fill the prepared cupcake liners with batter 3/4 full, and bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean, about 15 minutes. Let the cupcakes cool in the pans for about 10 minutes before removing them to finish cooling on a rack.
- Beat 3 tablespoons butter, 2 teaspoons lemon extract, and milk together until smooth. Add yellow food color- optional.
- Beat confectioners sugar into butter mixture until desired consistency is reached. You may want to add more sugar.
- Please note! This is not enough frosting to decorate 12 cupcakes like I have in the pictures. You will want to at least double the recipe if using the 8B tip.