As we all know, Banana is a protein-rich fruit, so making these delicious little banana cupcake can be a perfect snack for everyone especially for kids.
So I would suggest you to try these banana cupcakes once, you’ll love it. The banana cupcake recipe is very simple, Compared to other cupcakes recipe banana cupcake recipe is pretty easy,
these soft-moist banana cupcakes are topped with cream cheese frosting; however, you can use another frosting as well,
for example, you can use peanut butter frosting or brown sugar buttercream to these cupcakes instead of cream cheese frosting.
bananas aren’t perfectly ripened and you don’t want to wait?
then try out these 3 methods to speed up the ripping process for bananas.
1. you can use brown paper to faster the ripening process:
Put all your bananas in a brown paper bag and close loosely.
check them time to time. Usually, it takes 12-24 hours. You can make this process faster by putting an apple in the bag with your bananas.
2. you can use an oven, it’s easier, compared to the method mentioned above,
put all your bananas on a tray, and then bake them for 7-8 minutes in a pre-heated 350 degrees F oven.
3. the fastest way to ripen them is by using the microwave, poke a sharp knife through the banana a couple of times on all sides.
Put the banana in the microwave for 30 seconds, and check if it’s done or not,
if it’s not,
then do this again for 30 seconds.To check if they are done, check if the skin turned to nasty black or not from all sides.
Making the banana cupcake
Measure your ingredients carefully, When you measure the flour be sure to measure it correctly,
i.e., use the measuring cup accurately, so you don’t add too much or too little flour,
because if you use too much floor, then your cupcake will become solid or if you use too little flour your cupcakes will be too wet.
You can also eat your banana cupcakes on the second day; however, if you want to eat your cupcakes for 3-5 days, then you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge.
So if you have made more banana cupcakes than you should be, then you don’t need to stress out. Just store them in the fridge and enjoy.
for making the banana cupcake recipe perfectly always use ingredients at room temperature, It means butter, eggs, and other stuff should be at room temperature.
Once you’ve got all of your ingredients at room temperature, then making the recipe will be quite easy for you.
To get the best flavor bake them for around ten to fifteen minutes. After that check the cupcakes whether they are done or not by poking a toothpick into the top of the cupcake.
If the toothpick comes out clear, that means they are done if not then wait for a few more minutes.
like i said earlier Banana is a protein-rich fruit, but if you want a bit more healthy snack, then you can remove the frosting from the banana.
delicious red velvet cupcake recipe
for Banana Cupcakes
- 3/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tbsp baking soda
- 3/4 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tbsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tbsp fine sea salt
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 overripe bananas
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
for the Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 tbsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 package (8 ounces) full-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
for Banana Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cavity muffin pan with cupcake liners and set aside. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.Pour batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each cup about 3/4 full. You should use all of the batters between 16 cavities. Bake in preheated oven about 18 - 22 minutes or until a toothpick when inserted into the center of cupcake comes out clean. Cool in muffin tin several minutes then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, using hand mixers, beat together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth and creamy. Mash over-ripe bananas and measure to make sure you have exactly 3/4 cup. Beat in the bananas to the batter until smooth. Add in the full egg, egg yolk (reserve whites for another recipe/omelets throughout the week or discard), and pure vanilla extract. Beat until smooth.
- Add the dry to the wet ingredients alternating additions with the buttermilk (Add half the dry, half the buttermilk, rest of the day, rest of the buttermilk). Beat after each addition JUST until the ingredients are incorporated being careful to not overmix.
- Pour batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each cup about 3/4 full. You should use all of the batters between 16 cavities. Bake in preheated oven about 18 - 22 minutes or until a toothpick when inserted into the center of cupcake comes out clean. Cool in muffin tin several minutes then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
For the frosting:
- Meanwhile, prepare the frosting. Using a hand mixer, cream together the room temperature butter and cream cheese on medium-high speed until completely smooth. Mix in vanilla extract, sea salt and cinnamon. With mixer running on low speed, slowly add powdered sugar and beat until well blended and smooth. Chill the frosting while the cupcakes finish cooling.
- Frost completely cooled cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and if desired, garnish with a banana chip.