These are mini versions of classic red velvet cake which are very popular and can be found in almost every bakery. This red velvet cupcake is perfect for gifting or on any occasion.
These red velvet cupcakes are moist and flavorful, and in this red velvet cupcake recipe, a small quantity of cocoa is used to make them chocolatey. Which up their taste a little more moreover, red velvet cupcake and the chocolate cupcake can be a perfect Valentine’s treat.
You must give it a try this red velvet cupcakes are exquisite; this cupcake can be your dream cupcake they are everything that you may be searching, these red velvet cupcakes are moist, fluffy and a little chocolatey as I said earlier. And a perfect cupcake for gifting.
m>making the red velvet cupcake recipep>To make Your red velvet cupcake recipe extra creamy and slightly tangy, you can add more buttermilk to your recipe. Buttermilk is an essential part for this recipe. However, you can also make this cupcake recipe without using the buttercream.
you can make your own buttermilk if you don’t have buttermilk for the recipe Add one teaspoon of white vinegar or lemon juice to your measuring cup and then fill it up with milk to the 1 cup mark. Let it sit for 5 minutes, and your buttermilk is done.
To make the perfect red velvet cupcake vinegar is typically added into the recipe. So that the vinegar can react with baking soda and they can rise as they bake.
You can also use apple cider vinegar instead of white vinegar. Both will work perfectly. The vinegar will also make your red velvet cupcake a little extra red.
in red velvet cupcake, you don’t need eggs, they are already perfectly moist without eggs, but still, if you want to, then you may mix one egg
To make your red velvet cupcake perfect red, you will have to use food coloring. you can buy a food coloring bottle, and use one full tablespoon for the cupcake.
once the cupcakes are done you can use any frosting for this however in this cupcake recipe we are going to use cream cheese frosting
m>making the cream cheese frostingp>To make the perfect cream cheese frosting let the butter and cream cheese come to room temperature before you start mixing them.
To check the softness of your cream cheese frosting Lightly press your finger into the butter and the side of the cream cheese. If your finger doesn’t leave an indent, your frosting is not ready yet.
You can Store any unused frosting in an airtight container, and use it within five days. Bring it to room temp before using it.
B>BEST RED VELVET CUPCAKE RECIPE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTINGdiv class="wprm-spacer">
F>For the Cupcakes:l class="wprm-recipe-ingredients">
For the>For the Cream Cheese Frosting:s="wprm-recipe-ingredients">
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a standard muffin/cupcake pan with liners.
- On medium-high speed, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Turn the mixer to high and add the egg. Scrape down the bowl and beat until well incorporated.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, vanilla extract and red food coloring to make a thick paste. Add to the batter and mix on medium speed until completely combined. You may need to stop the mixer to scrape the bottom of the bowl, making sure that all the batter gets color.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and slowly add half of the buttermilk. Add half of the flour and mix until combined. Scrape the bowl and repeat the process with the remaining milk and flour. Beat on high until smooth.
- Again, reduce the mixer speed to low and add the salt, baking soda and vinegar. Turn to high and beat for another couple of minutes until completely combined and smooth.
- Divide the batter evenly between the cupcake liners and bake for about 20 minutes, or until a thin knife or skewer inserted into the center of the largest cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes and then remove cupcakes from the pan and place them on a cooling rack to cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting: Using the whisk attachment, whip the butter and cream cheese on high speed for about 5 minutes, scraping the bowl down as necessary. Reduce the speed to low and slowly add the powdered sugar until all is incorporated. Add the vanilla and mix to combine. Increase the speed to medium high and whip for a few minutes until the frosting is light and fluffy, scraping the bowl as necessary.